Support and Incentives
- HECS Reimbursement Scheme
- More Doctors for Outer Metropolitan Areas Relocation Incentive Grant
- Rural Health Continuing Education Sub-program (RHCE)
- Rural Obstetric and Anaesthetic Locum Scheme (ROALS)
- Telehealth Support program
- Medicare provider number eligibility
- Districts of Workforce Shortage (DWSs)
- International Medical Recruitment Strategy (overseas trained doctors)
- Review of the Medicare provider number legislation
- DoctorConnect - a starting point for overseas trained doctors who may be considering work in Australia and for employers seeking to recruit them.
- Exchange Visitor Sponsorship Program - information for Australian doctors wanting to study in the USA on a J1 visa.
- Rural and Regional Health Australia - Rural and Regional Health Australia provides a single source of information and advice to the public about needs, policies and access to health and aged care services in remote, rural and regional Australia, via a freecall 1800 number, website and an email contact function.